Make a Positive Impact for the Women in Our Community!
- Sign up for a Stretch for Strength Master Class on Friday, March 6th 5:30 - 7:30pm.
- 7:30 - 7:45 - Stick around, enjoy snacks & drinks and learn more about Running Free Alaska.
- Suggested Donation: $35 - $50 or whatever you can give to Running Free Alaska.
- Want to help but can't make it to class? We'll be helping to collect gently used (& new) running gear all February long!
- You can also donate to Running Free Alaska by visiting their website and making a donation HERE
Who is this class for?
This class is all about stretching and building relationships between muscles so you get more from all your favorite activities & feel great afterwards! If you hike, bike, ski, run, or walk you'll LOVE this class!
Items in Need
- Shirts (tank tops, short sleeve & long sleeve)*
- Sports bras*
- Socks (new only)
- Running Jackets *
*In need of sizes medium - large
No shoes are needed at this time 😄
Who is Running Free Alaska?
Running Free Alaska believes in the redemptive power of running by providing a structured year-around run group to the women prisoners in Hiland Mountain Correctional Center. When their runners are released, they welcome and help transition them back into the community by setting them up with running gear, providing training individually and in groups, and signing them up and racing with them in local races.
Once runners feel connected in a healthy way to their bodies, their mental state, their social relationships and their place in a community, they are much less likely to re-offend and are much more likely to be contributing members of our state.
Consider doing something great for yourself and good for the community! Sign up for the class, learn about yourself, get great results and donate money to a good cause instead of paying for a specialty class.