💡What is Stabilization?
The easiest explanation is the seamless coordination of breath with the internal strengthening and antigravity muscles in the core. Studio One Pilates is VASIE training center that systematically combines the three crucial phases of stabilization:
- Activation phase - breath-linking, small muscle, small controlled movement. We do this in our deep core toning or breathing attunement trainings.
- Strengthening phase - add ROM and work your gym muscles from the core out.
- Maintenance Phase - keep mixing both styles of class together.
One of the keys of VASIE is constantly mixing both the core activation/training phase with the core strengthening phase. There is no There is no other workout system that continuously works all three phases. This is important because the Activation phase of training needs to constantly be included in most peoples daily regime. Constantly including this phase helps people to stay out of the injury and re-injury cycle as well as constantly upgrade their internal strength over their lifespan.
💪🏼The Ab Toning Core Reflex Challenge: AKA Stability Challenge
Creating & maintaining stability in your body is one of the most important things you can do to improve your function, form, and the comfort and longevity of your body. Improving your bodies stabilization reflexes is the key to changing how your body responds to exercise.
Learning Stability at Studio One Pilates: Do Deep Core Toning Classes
Stability is one of the main skills and a reflexes that you learn when you start at Studio One Pilates. It is part of what is taught as you learn to engage Kegel - Breath - Knees - and Toes. Key stability exercises that you already know are imprint, and table top legs, as well as arm raises. Stability training is also often called “core” training or lumbar stabilization training. Your stability muscles along with breath create the inner strength that keep you longer and looking younger and leaner as you work to increase your outer strength through normal workouts and activities.
Our Deep Core Toning classes and stabilization training is designed to help people to jumpstart the muscles and the reflexes that should be working to protect your spine and joints during exercise.
As you learn to engage, and then strengthen and maintain your bodies stabilizing muscles and reflexes, you will learn to upgrade your mind body balance, and improve how you look and how well your body responds to (and enjoys) exercise. In addition, you will tone up and get out of pain.
You may need more stability if:
- Your abs don’t flatten no matter how much you work out (plus or minus adipose tissue)
- Your waist is not longer or has never been narrower in the middle than the hips
- Your tend to have a lot of joint pain and injuries
- You don’t let go of stress as easily as most people
- You feel like you have chronically bad posture.
- You tend to store a lot of stress in your back or neck.
If the problems above are persistent and ongoing you should make sure you do a lot of Deep Core Toning Classes. As you progress you will want to keep mixing the Deep Core Toning classes into your repertoire so that you keep these reflexes and muscle up to speed as you get stronger.
△Stability is The Key to Changing Your Exercise Type
If you have a lot of the issues listed above you may be exercise non-responsive or even worse, exercise resistant. If you are an exercise non-responder your weight and conditioning level will change but your posture, and movement and overall look will not change as well as you would expect for the amount of work you are doing. Exercise non-responders will feel OK from workouts but not great.
If you are exercise resistant - exercise literally hurts you. Exercise gets you INTO pain and it makes your posture and body feel worse! The sad side effect of this is that you feel totally crazy! Everyone says that workouts should make you feel better!
If you are exercise resistant or neutral, learning to stabilize your joints through the skills we teach at Studio One can be a game changer. With the right muscles working and the right reflexes working, you will start to see changes that may have been eluding your for years.
One of my favorite stories this week is a very strong male client who told me that he increased the amount of weight he was able to use by 20 pounds or 40% after simply doing his deep core toning routine. If it sounds like magic. It is.
🧪Take the at home stability test
Low Back & Abs test
- Can you bring it up to table top without shifting your pelvis or the weight on your supporting leg?
- Can your bring the second leg to table top.
Low Back & Glute test
- Can you lift the knees off of the mat in heel squeeze without using your low back muscles..
Upper Abs test
- Raise your arms quickly when standing and laying down. If the reflexes are good your shoulders will remain down your back and your neck long.
📺 Online Classes
Workouts For Smart People on the Go
- Results Focused Studio One Workouts
- Currently: $10/Month. No Contract, Cancel anytime.
- Unique Studio One Cues, Corrections & Workouts
- Get Your 1st Month FREE. Use FreeMonthOnline code during checkout!
Master-classes are two-hour plateau busters that help you reach the next level of integration, tone, strength & confidence!
Master-classes are the heart of your learning and education at Studio One. They provide the opportunity to really slow down and learn a profoundly new way of changing your body through exercise. Every master class is carefully designed to help you get several “ah-ha” moments.
VASIE Movement University is a series of weekend intensive classes that go through the entire VASIE Pilates repertoire. It is created with the goal of sharing the deep knowledge that Studio One instructors & Rolfers® know and have with every client. We believe that the skills you learn and transformations you make here at Studio One Pilates are for life.
- See you in class
Look good, feel good and learn to help others to do the same. Explore and expand your knowledge of the body and increase your confidence by joining the VASIE Pilates Instructor Training. Because there was so much interest, we added another certification course this year!