💡Tips on Side Bend & Star For Strong Shoulders
Lengthen & release tension from your neck. Isolate & tone muscles that keep your shoulders on your back
🥪 What do your SHOULDERS & NECK have in common with PB&J sandwiches?
Shoulders and Necks go together like peanut butter and jelly. In fact, just like PBJ, it can be hard to tell them apart when it comes to resolving the pain of creating a beautiful posture.
Using VASIE Van Alstine Structural Integration Exercise and lots of hands-on corrections, we will work to help you to fix and or identify the causes of:
- Storing stress in your neck and shoulders
- Shoulder Pain
- Neck Pain
Our workouts will (of course) always work breathing, low abs, inner thighs, and your deep core. In addition, we will add exercises that will systematically work you from middle abs up through the neck and shoulders.
If you've been looking for a time to get back in and you want:
1. Less Tension or Pain
2. A long relaxed neck of
3. Chillaxed shoulders. Come in soon to get the process started...
The next week's focus is designed to help build your best neck and shoulders yet... (we say "yet" because posture and movement can theoretically improve forever.)
🦸🏻♀️ Superhero Shoulder Correction Routine
Gentle Shoulder Corrector 1.
This exercise is simple but deceptively strong. Put your fingers tips on the ends of your shoulder blades. With fingers on the tips of your shoulders:
- Lift your shoulders.
- Start to gently pull your shoulders away from your ears.
- Pull your shoulders slightly wider and then down the back of the body. and set them gently down the back as you gently pull the tips of your shoulder blades slightly back and wider. You should feel slight stretch at the base of the neck or across the collar bones. Remember to pull the shoulder wider and away from your ears.
- With your shoulders pulled away from your ears and gently down your back breath in deeply. You should feel a stretch either across the upper back or the shoulders.
- Hold this position press your upper chest up slightly (without pinching your shoulders together) and hold for this for 2 - 4 breathes.
Shoulder Corrector 2 : Wear Your Shoulders Like a Hero’s cape...
Your shoulder is only connected to your torso at one small joint. This joint is at the collar bones right where you would button a cape. Your shoulders rely 100 percent on muscular balance to sit evenly over your rib cage. When everything is well balanced the tips of your shoulder blades drop lightly down the back and there is lift and openness in the upper chest across the collar bones. Instead of being crowded onto the front of your body your shoulders will feel open and easily drop down your back.
Think of a hero in a cape vs. a villain. Imagine an strong open upper chest with shoulders (a cape) effortlessly flowing down the back.
Breath in deeply into your upper chest and at the same time pull your shoulders straight down your back about 1/2 inch. Hold this breath as you keep your chest lifted and shoulders pulled down your back.
Next: Gently take this your more open chest and “lightly pulled down the back” shoulders for a walk. Direct your breath occasionally into your upper chest as you walk.
Do this exercise several times per day. It will help you to open your shoulders and relax your neck.
🧪Take Shoulder Test
Slumpy shoulders are a problem for most people. We try to correct them by pulling them onto our back or lifting them and squeezing them together...This works, for about 2 minutes until you have to do it all over again. You can actually break this cycle using VASIE training techniques.
Click on the link below, look and read about each pattern below. Stand in a relaxed manner and have a friend take a picture of you to compare.
📺 Online Classes
Workouts For Smart People on the Go
- Results Focused Studio One Workouts
- Currently: $10/Month. No Contract, Cancel anytime.
- Unique Studio One Cues, Corrections & Workouts
- Get Your 1st Month FREE. Use FreeMonthOnline code during checkout!
Master-classes are two-hour plateau busters that help you reach the next level of integration, tone, strength & confidence!
Master-classes are the heart of your learning and education at Studio One. They provide the opportunity to really slow down and learn a profoundly new way of changing your body through exercise. Every master class is carefully designed to help you get several “ah-ha” moments.
VASIE Movement University is a series of weekend intensive classes that go through the entire VASIE Pilates repertoire. It is created with the goal of sharing the deep knowledge that Studio One instructors & Rolfers® know and have with every client. We believe that the skills you learn and transformations you make here at Studio One Pilates are for life.
- See you in class