This videos is an overview and includes:
- how & how much to engage the pelvic floor
- short review of breathing
- short practice session on Breathing and Kegeling
The video is long...but you can skip to the part you need the most:
- 0 - 5:25 minutes: Where is my pelvic floor and how to contract it
- 5:26 - 10:35 minutes: How much to kegel
- 10:36 - 13:16 minutes: Other methods and tips on activating the pelvic floor
- 13:17 - end: Putting it all together. Practice breathing and pelvic floor contractions.
note: Pelvic floor self assessment is included below the videos and includes already includes a list of recommendations for physical therapists in Anchorage.
Breathing, Imprint & Posture Prep
Week One homework: practice daily. 12 minutes long.
a bit about the class...
- - $210 or $185 early bird
- - 3 weeks, 2 classes a week
- - Mondays and Fridays 5:30 - 6:45pm
- - Save 50% on 1 Private Lesson
- - Restore your post baby core
- - Improve pelvic floor health
- - Money Back Guarantee
Designed JUST for you
Now that your little one has arrived, your pelvic floor muscles and core have some healing and strengthening to do.
This Postnatal Program is designed specifically for women who have given birth. If you've had a baby in the last 2 months - 2 years, this class is for you!
Your body just went through something extraordinary! Read this article in Alaska Parent about the key areas postpartum women should focus on for both tone and long lasting function.
What to expect
Results, results, results!
- *Learn powerful core exercises
- *Breathing for reflexive abs
- *What is and if you have Diastasis
- *Cues specifically for the post-baby body
- *Hands on corrections
- *Prevent or reduce Urinary Incontinence
Is this program right for me?
I've never done pilates before. Can I still take this class?
Yes! If you're new to Studio One, we recommend attending our Pilates 101 class before starting this class. In fact, Pilates 101 is FREE! Just call 770-2639 and we'll get you scheduled!
I've taken pilates for years...will I get anything out of this class?
Yes! Especially, if you've had a baby during your time at Studio One. Having a baby changes your body. It's important to re-learn how to kegel and breath post-baby. Plus, this class will be cued differently than a typical group class.
Can I make-up classes or get a discount if I miss a class?
Unfortunately no discount. If you miss a class, you can make up that class during the next Postnatal Session (dates coming soon!). We recommend not substituting a regular group class for a Postnatal class because this program is not like a regular class.
If you are unable to attend at least 4 of the 6 session we recommend not signing up.
Is daycare available?
No, not at this time.
What if I don't like it?
If you're not happy with this class we'll give you a full refund!
*Early Bird (Sign up before October 1) $185, Sign up after October 1st $210
*No previous Pilates experience required!
*Save 50% on 1 private lesson
*No discounts or refunds for missed classes. You're welcome to make up a class you miss in the next Postnatal Session (dates coming soon!)
*Always check with your physician before participating in a fitness program!