What I can do in 2020?
Now that you have your general and dream goals you can begin to get more specific.
If your goal is really important to dive into it. Look at the who, what, where, and when. Haven’t made progress on a goal for a while? Is important to you? Get some help with it. Call in a friend, coach, or consultant. Consider going to a class or retreat that deals with this topic?
1. Ask yourself: What can I actually accomplish in 2020?
- Make a list of your general goals.
- If possible add a couple of small actions/goals that will take you toward your dreams.
2. Get specific:
- Carefully pick your top goals in each area.
3. Use SMART goals.
- With each goal and figure out a way to stay on top of your goals. We all know SMART goals. There are a thousand templates online. They can be very effective.
- Get clear on your outcome. What evidence would you look for that you have achieved your goals?
- Assign specifics.
- Assign specific metrics to know your have achieved your goal:
- The more subjective that your goal is the more important it becomes to have a specific outcome. For example, be more social could be measured by something like I will meet a friend for lunch, go hiking with a friend, and attend one function in the evening each week.
- Is your goal a stretch but still achievable?
- Can/will you realistically achieve this? Is it worth your time and effort?
- Assign a date - describe the look, feel, qualities of the outcome.
4. Schedule the time, money, and resources for at least the most important.
5. Take action as soon as possible on the most important goals.